Picture credits: ShutterSpeak
The data displayed by in.fondo.al.mar
originate from different archival sources:
- the list of suspicious ships has been developed building on the one supplied in Legambiente's dossier "Suspicious Sinkings 1979-2001"
["Affondamenti sospetti 1979-2001" - IT]
- Information on ownership, cargo, and the descriptions of the incidents mostly originates from the Casualty Return and World Casualty Statistics of the Lloyds Register of Shipping of London, except for those cases, in which an unofficial account is deemed credible.
- Further details about incidents and ships involved have been obtained from a variety of dossiers:
- Radioactive waste: the case of Italy (1995) [PDF, Italian]
- The radioactive intrigue (1996) [PDF, Italian]
- Poison ships - Chronicle of an international intrigue (2004) [PDF, Italian]
- Disposable ships (the report of Ecomafia 2006) [PDF, Italian]
- Nuova Ecologia magazine's investigation - "Disposable ships" (2008) [PDF, Italian]
- Clippings from dailies "il manifesto", "la Repubblica" and magazine l'Espresso
Free access to data
databases are accessible in a number of formats. You are free to use the sources for personal interest or to use them for further data visualization projects.